Providing residential water filtration technology since 1986
It’s not just drinking and cooking with contaminated water that can make you sick. People can also get sick from unfiltered water making contact with their bodies. Some people are allergic to chlorine, found in unfiltered water. Additionally, you can get infected in the shower by breathing the contaminated mist that may contain Legionella from the water heater.
In our trucks, we carry all the equipment necessary to install a point-of-use water filtration system. We also have a scale stopper filter that we use on water heaters and wall-hung condensing boilers to protect the heat exchangers.
Water Treatment Systems for Nassau County
Make sure the water that enters your home is free from contaminants by contacting the professionals at Manzo Plumbing and Heating, Inc. We can test your home’s water supply and recommend the best system to suit your specific needs.
The two main types of water filtration systems are point-of-use or point-of-entry. Point-of-use filters are best if you just want fresher drinking water. Point-of-entry systems filter water for your entire home.
Point-of-entry water filter – Unlike point-of-use filters, point-of-entry filters filtrate all the water in your home. They are installed at the main water line where water from the city or private well enters your house. Since they filter the entire water supply system, they are sometimes called whole-home or whole-house water filters.
Water Filtration Systems for Removing Specific Contaminants
Different types of filters are used to address different types of contaminants:
- Giardia and Cryptosporidium – distillation, reverse osmosis, ultraviolet light, and filters certified for cyst removal.
- Bacteria and viruses – distillation, reverse osmosis, ultraviolet light, and disinfection.
- Arsenic – adsorptive media
- Disinfection byproducts – point-of-entry adsorptive media systems, distillation, aeration, reverse osmosis, and carbon filtration.
- Lead – distillation, reverse osmosis, and some carbon filters.
- Nitrates – distillation, reverse osmosis, or ion exchange.
- Pesticides – some carbon filters.
- Radium – ion exchange, distillation, or reverse osmosis.
- Radon – activated carbon filter and aeration.
We also offer water softening systems, which turn your hard water into soft water through a process of “ion exchange.” While hard water is not unsafe to consume, it does cause mineral buildups and other problems. Water softeners extend the lifespan of your water-using appliances and improves the look and feel of your hair and skin.
It’s important to make sure that the water filtration system you choose addresses the contaminants in your water supply. Speak with the trained and experienced professionals at Manzo Plumbing and Heating, Inc. to help you select the proper filtration device for your needs.